IT Infrastructure Lead System Administrator
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Internal local and remote users support
- Local infrastructure support;
- Participation in the design and implementation of new features and reorganization of the continuously growing global infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Unix-like OS (RHEL/Debian);
- Experience with modern virtualization systems (VMware);
- Familiar with cloud technologies;
- Ansible or puppet automatization technologies;
- Knowledge of desktop-class Windows systems.
- Desirable skills:
- Experience with Java-based application servers;
- Experience with any major RDBMS (Oracle, MSSQL, IBM DB2, Sybase ASE, PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- Experience with bug tracking software (like JIRA);
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services;
- Advanced knowledge of English.