Technical Consultant - Australia
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
AxiomSL is seeking a Technical Consultant for our Australia location.The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Assist with client requests to interpret and implement regulatory requirements through defining data models, mapping shorthands and defining/building reports in the Axiom solution throughout the programme.
- Participate in design workshops and contributions of ideas to the end solution design.
- Produce creative solutions to client requirements and problems, and make functional and technical enhancements to resolve customer problems.
- Interface with system users to define technical applications requirements including system modifications and subsequently recording any maintaining reports describing all developments – logic, coding, testing, changes and/or corrections.
- Be responsible for translating functional specifications for the technical development team and support the team in overall development and testing process.
- Help client to interpret regulatory requirement, and map their internal data to required mapping requirement logic.
- Be responsible for installation and upgrading of new and existing reporting solutions for customers – incl. integration of multiple 3rd party and in-house applications with their software solutions in areas pertaining to regulatory reporting.
- Be responsible for the support and maintenance of AxiomSL products / applications both on-site and off-site, for customers.
- Find alternative solutions for software bugs and makes technical enhancements to resolve customer problems and configure environments whenever required.
- Interface with system users to define technical applications requirements including
- Participate in evaluation of technical enhancements and effectively document technical issues.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe developments, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Provide on-site and phone support for clients’ technical requests.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong database/SQL knowledge.
- Good experience in programming (PLSQL/C/C++/Java)
- Strong knowledge of Unix/Shell scripting.
- Understanding of financial markets and products.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools (Control M, Autosys etc)
- Knowledge of XML and good experience in Java.
- Knowledge of SED/AWK/PERL.
- Experience in regulatory reporting highly valued.
- Strong knowledge of financial instruments and products from banking and accounting perspective.