AxiomSL is a global leader in risk-data management and regulatory-reporting solutions. Leveraging its more than 25 years’ experience, AxiomSL combines its deep industry experience and intelligent data management platform to deliver solutions and services around regulatory and risk reporting, liquidity, capital and credit, operations, trade and transactions, and tax analytics. Its client base spans regional and global financial institutions with more than $43 trillion in total assets and investment managers with more than $9 trillion in assets under management. It covers more than 110 regulators across 55 jurisdictions.
AxiomSL’s collaborative platform is known for its robustness, adaptability, transparency and state-of-the-art data-lineage module. The platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and multiple locations without constraint. Its enterprise-wide approach enables clients to reduce implementation costs, accelerate time to market, deliver trusted information and defend audits.
AxiomSL’s cutting-edge platform, technical and regulatory expertise and outstanding service have been recognized by many industry leaders and observers, including the Waters Technology Rankings, RegTech Awards, American Financial Technology Awards, The Asian Banker Award and Chartis RiskTech100® rankings.
AxiomSL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
AxiomSL is looking for an Application Developer to work in their London office. The successful candidate will be expected to build solution for specific functional area using ControllerView, coordinate with Business Analysts for clarification of requirements, discuss and agree design and build approach with the developer lead/architect, provide testing support to QA (i.e. bug fixes and changes during testing phase) and manage release activities with QA. *
The successful candidates will be expected to provide regular updates and escalate any issues around solution build and delivery to developer lead / architect and Product Owner as necessary.
The successful candidate will report to Application Development Lead for the respective functional area.
There may be occasional travel requirements to locations around EMEA if there be a need for an onsite support for implementation of a solution or to participate in the discovery phase of a new implementation. These, when required, are likely to be short business trip not extending beyond a week.
The candidate is expected to have a strong technical or functional background, on which basis they will undergo an initial training of 2 weeks in London followed by on the job training to gain proficiency with the Axiom ControllerView data management and reporting platform.
- 3+ years of software development in technical or functional analysis capacity
- Strong written and verbal English in business and technical contexts
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycles – particularly Agile and Prototype approaches
- Proficient in database concepts - preferably Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Strong analytical mindset and eagerness to understand and solve problems
- Holder of EU passport or similar with freedom to conduct business trips within Europe preferred
- Experience engaging clients to gather requirements for new requirements or issue resolution
- Accreditation in Databases, Software Development, or Project Management
- Knowledge of XML and XBRL is a plus
- Knowledge of the functional area and any work experience in the functional area
Personal features and capabilities:
- Agile, dynamic, proactive personality
- Ability to work in team and particularly with new people as well as be an individual contributor
- High sense of intellectual curiosity – self-ownership of learning and horizon-broadening opportunities