AxiomSL is looking for an Application Developer to work in their London office. The successful candidate will be expected to build solution for specific functional area using ControllerView, coordinate with Business Analysts for clarification of requirements, discuss and agree design and build approach with the developer lead/architect, provide testing support to QA (i.e. bug fixes and changes during testing phase) and manage release activities with QA. *
The successful candidates will be expected to provide regular updates and escalate any issues around solution build and delivery to developer lead / architect and Product Owner as necessary.
The successful candidate will report to Application Development Lead for the respective functional area.
There may be occasional travel requirements to locations around EMEA if there be a need for an onsite support for implementation of a solution or to participate in the discovery phase of a new implementation. These, when required, are likely to be short business trip not extending beyond a week.
The candidate is expected to have a strong technical or functional background, on which basis they will undergo an initial training of 2 weeks in London followed by on the job training to gain proficiency with the Axiom ControllerView data management and reporting platform.
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
- 3+ years of software development in technical or functional analysis capacity
- Strong written and verbal English in business and technical contexts
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycles – particularly Agile and Prototype approaches
- Proficient in database concepts - preferably Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Strong analytical mindset and eagerness to understand and solve problems
- Holder of EU passport or similar with freedom to conduct business trips within Europe preferred
- Experience engaging clients to gather requirements for new requirements or issue resolution
- Accreditation in Databases, Software Development, or Project Management
- Knowledge of XML and XBRL is a plus
- Knowledge of the functional area and any work experience in the functional area
Personal features and capabilities:
- Agile, dynamic, proactive personality
- Ability to work in team and particularly with new people as well as be an individual contributor
- High sense of intellectual curiosity – self-ownership of learning and horizon-broadening opportunities.