Axiom SL is looking for a Business Analyst to join our London office. The Business Analyst will be responsible for regulatory monitoring across the EMEA region. The Business Analyst will be expected to translate regulatory requirements into functional specifications for our reporting solutions. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of financial products and some accounting knowledge. The role will be primarily internal facing, with some client interaction and may involve occasional travel.
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveying more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
The primary responsibilities of the role will include:
- Writing solution specifications including Business Requirements and Functional Specifications for the solution development team
- Input into solution scope and design
- Liaising with solution development team, providing business knowledge
- Monitoring and analysing rule changes and assessing impact on the solution
- UAT testing of solution – providing guidance on scenarios to be tested, reviewing test cases and results
- Support the Pre-sales team in conducting PoC and demos to clients
- The role will be both internal and client facing and may require some travel
- The role will be based in London but the candidate is expected to work closely with the US team
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with a team in a dynamic environment
- Highly organised and methodical approach
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Accounting & Finance background/knowledge
- An understanding of key banking products and their main characteristics i.e. bonds, equity products, preference shares, convertibles.
- Interest in working as a business analyst – however candidates with shareholding disclosure reporting experience wanting to move into a BA role will be considered
- Goal driven and self-motivated attitude
- Previous client facing or consultancy experience.
- An interest in major holdings, short selling, takeover and sensitive industries disclosure rules would be an advantage.