Senior DevOps Engineer
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with on of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
AxiomSL is launching a SaaS delivery channel for a selection of our current on-premise solutions leveraging industry-leading cloud-based capabilities. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to bring in Cloud and DevOps experience to our SaaS DevOps team.The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Delivering scale and security in Cloud models with extensive use of DevOps functionalities.
- Taking part in implementing best-in-class SaaS delivery in the most secured, cost optimized and highly operational manner.
- Driving infrastructure setup to follow industry standards and embrace opportunities offered by emerging technologies.
- Proposing enhancements and accelerators by focusing on innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Becoming an avid proponent of DevOps best practice for both cloud and on-premise implementations.
- Work in a global team delivering Cloud and DevOps automation.
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and solutions running on public cloud.
- Work closely with Production Operations team to build and support continuous integration, continuous delivery, deployment and maintenance tooling.
- Work closely with Security team to develop security automation and security monitoring to ensure highly secure operations.
- Work closely with other Development and Operations teams to understand complex product requirements and translate them into automated solutions.
- Research and study new technologies and services on Cloud and DevOps and share best practices.
- Document and present DevOps practices to internal team and wider teams to promote DevOps.
- Participate in and undertake ad-hoc related projects and duties from time to time.
- 3+ years of working with enterprise cloud software projects.
- Experience in cloud architecture is a plus.
- Proven experience with agile SDLC methodologies and software continuous integration required.
- Hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development and deployment of enterprise software at scale.
- Strong knowledge of public cloud offerings (preferably AWS) on network, security, compute, storage and continuous integration.
- Excellent experience with infrastructure Configuration Management and Orchestration tools like Terraform, Ansible and Packer as well as Continuous Integration servers like Jenkins, Rundeck, GoCD.
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud security and application management ecosystems, including areas of security automation, security monitoring and alert, application monitoring and alert.
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including Relational Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, ...), Java Web Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Jboss ...), modular systems (OSGI, microservices, ...) preferred.
- Pro-active and self-starting – possessing vision and drive to strive for innovation and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including group leadership and executive presentations. Ability to articulate complex concepts in simple language using illustrative diagrams and presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree degree or equivalent; Computer Science background preferred.