Solution Architect / Development Lead / Software Architect
AxiomSL is a global leader in risk-data management and regulatory-reporting solutions. Leveraging its more than 25 years’ experience, AxiomSL combines its deep industry experience and intelligent data management platform to deliver solutions and services around regulatory and risk reporting, liquidity, capital and credit, operations, trade and transactions, and tax analytics. Its client base spans regional and global financial institutions with more than $43 trillion in total assets and investment managers with more than $9 trillion in assets under management. It covers more than 110 regulators across 55 jurisdictions.
AxiomSL’s collaborative platform is known for its robustness, adaptability, transparency and state-of-the-art data-lineage module. The platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and multiple locations without constraint. Its enterprise-wide approach enables clients to reduce implementation costs, accelerate time to market, deliver trusted information and defend audits.
AxiomSL’s cutting-edge platform, technical and regulatory expertise and outstanding service have been recognized by many industry leaders and observers, including the Waters Technology Rankings, RegTech Awards, American Financial Technology Awards, The Asian Banker Award and Chartis RiskTech100® rankings.
AxiomSL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We are looking for a Solution Architect who will be responsible for the design, configuration and deployment of AxiomSL’s regulatory and compliance solutions for clients here in Australia. As a senior member of the professional services team, you will be onsite at client implementations where, along with your team, you will work closely with a mixture of client-side PM’s, BA’s, Technical Leads, Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects and business stakeholders to integrate, design, configure and implement AxiomSL’s solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, but not limited to
- leading design workshops
- maintaining ownership/accountability for the client’s project delivery including overall Axiom solution design
- informing, engaging, seeking endorsement and responding to the client’s team on all facets of implementing our solution
- overseeing, reviewing and mentoring your team member’s deliverables to ensure best-practice design
- in addition, you will perform your own build and configuration activities for client’s on Axiom’s Controller View platform
- Design and Configure Risk and Finance solutions on AxiomSL ControllerView framework.
- Liaise with client representatives to understand the needs of business.
- Liaise with other professionals to design solution architecture for clients.
- Ensure compliance to solution architectural design in the implementation of projects.
- Provide architectural guidance to the project team.
- Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals.
- Keep accurate record of materials used, expected deliverables, and milestones achieved.
- Ensure that solution milestones are accomplished at the right time.
- Ensure that solution architecture designed are in sync with business needs and hardware.
- Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
- You are a senior lead, but also a team player and a mentor
- At least 5 years of experience in Solution Architecture on large programs involving Data warehouse, Data Integration and Reporting/Analytics.
- At least 5 years Financial Services industry knowledge
- At least 3 years of project management experience
- 1-2 years of experience driving architecture decisions with senior IT stakeholder management (C-level) in major banking transformation programs (or equivalent)
- Ability to navigate into complex architecture topics, articulate decision drivers, solutions’ benefits and drawbacks.
- Must have a strong expertise in Data Warehouse, Data Management and related performance/optimization initiatives.
- Should have a good knowledge on BI principles, Data Warehouse concepts, Master Data and ETL methodology.
- Must have a strong experience in analyzing business requirements and driving Data warehouse/Data integration design workshops.
- Experience in Technical Solution Designs, reporting Solution Designs, Requirements Analysis, Source System Analysis, Data Analysis, Source to Target Mappings Designs and Transformation Rules.
- Experience on delivering logical/physical data model (Dimensional and Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modelling, Snowflake Schema Modelling, Fact and Dimension tables modelling.
- Experience and/or strong understanding on solutions such as Hadoop, HANA, Informatica, Datastage, Teradata, Business Objects.
- Experience in Regulatory Reporting (e.g.: Financial Prudential, FATCA, CRS, IRFS, MIFID, AML among others) and/or other relevant compliance topics.
- Your working style is to empower others and impart your knowledge/expertise
- You have a genuine passion for learning and demonstrated willingness to become an expert on our core platform and related solutions
- Self-motivated with high sense of urgency, resourcefulness, and adaptability.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated customer-facing experience (Business and IT)
- A self-starter. You can demonstrate your ownership and drive to deliver the best outcomes for clients
- You can articulate, present and draw logical conclusions
- Excellent English verbal/listening and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and ever-changing situations and environments.
- You expect results and the very best from your team
- Candidates also need to have a willingness to travel.