Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveilling more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
AxiomSL is launching a SaaS delivery channel for a selection of our current on-premise solutions leveraging industry-leading cloud-based capabilities. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Architect to bring industry's best practices to our SaaS infrastructure architecture and design.
The primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Formulating strategies and roadmaps of infrastructure technology based on analysis of current state, target state and latest industry opportunities.
- Driving infrastructure setup to follow industry standards and embrace opportunities offered by emerging technologies.
- Leading architecture design in the DevOps team to implement best-in-class SaaS delivery in the most secured, cost optimized and highly operational manner.
- Proposing enhancements and accelerators by focusing on innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Becoming an avid proponent of DevOps best practice for both cloud and on-premise implementations.
- 5+ years of working with enterprise cloud software projects.
- 3+ years of cloud infrastructure architect experience required, 5+ years preferred.
- Strong knowledge of public cloud offerings (preferably AWS) on network, security, compute, storage and continuous integration.
- Excellent experience with infrastructure Configuration Management and Orchestration tools like Terraform, Ansible and Packer.
- Broad Enterprise systems experience including Relational Databases (Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, ...), Java Web Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, Jboss ...), modular systems (OSGI, microservices, ...) preferred.
- Pro-active and self-starting – possessing vision and drive to strive for innovation and best practices.
- Hands-on experience leading the architecture design, development and deployment of enterprise software at scale.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Proven experience with agile SDLC methodologies and software continuous integration required.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including group leadership and executive presentations. Ability to articulate complex concepts in simple language using illustrative diagrams and presentations.
- Prior experience with consulting or pre-sales engagement to drive technology architecture discussions with clients is a plus.
- Willingness to engage industry and partners to enhance industry knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree degree or equivalent; Computer Science background preferred.