Senior Java Developer
AxiomSL is a global leader in risk-data management and regulatory-reporting solutions. Leveraging its more than 25 years’ experience, AxiomSL combines its deep industry experience and intelligent data management platform to deliver solutions and services around regulatory and risk reporting, liquidity, capital and credit, operations, trade and transactions, and tax analytics. Its client base spans regional and global financial institutions with more than $43 trillion in total assets and investment managers with more than $9 trillion in assets under management. It covers more than 110 regulators across 55 jurisdictions.
AxiomSL’s collaborative platform is known for its robustness, adaptability, transparency and state-of-the-art data-lineage module. The platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and multiple locations without constraint. Its enterprise-wide approach enables clients to reduce implementation costs, accelerate time to market, deliver trusted information and defend audits.
AxiomSL’s cutting-edge platform, technical and regulatory expertise and outstanding service have been recognized by many industry leaders and observers, including the Waters Technology Rankings, RegTech Awards, American Financial Technology Awards, The Asian Banker Award and Chartis RiskTech100® rankings.
AxiomSL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We are looking for a qualified Application Developer to design and code functional programs and applications. You will work as part of a team and individually with little supervision. A great Application Developer has excellent knowledge of at least one programming language. They must be familiar with a variety of operating systems and platforms. The ideal candidate will also have an analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail. The goal is to write “clean” and flawless code to produce fully functional software applications according to requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, but not limited to:
- Designing new features and maintaining existing functionality;
- Taking part in creating of development plan along with Project Manager;
- Code review;
- Controlling execution of the tasks assigned to his team;
- Helping the team and other Java leads in solving architecture issues;
- Writing Java code;
- Creating low-level technical documentation;
- Collaboration with distributed team of developers, testers, analysts (St. Petersburg, NY).
- Proven experience in commercial web applications development;
- Swing and GWT will be a plus;
- Experience with any major relational database (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2, Sybase) will be a plus;
- Strong mathematical background will be a plus;
- Knowledge of UNIX based etc.;
- Experience with version control systems - Git.
- Java SE (1.8);
- MySQL (basic SQL, views, management);
- 5+ years hands-on experience with various Java;
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design;
- Good knowledge of Patterns/OOP Practices;
- Advanced written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary depending on the interview results, annual performance-based bonuses;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Medical insurance;
- English lessons with native speaker;
- Office in the city centre.