Axiom Software Laboratories combines deep industry expertise with an intelligent data management platform to deliver regulatory, liquidity, capital & credit, operations and trade & transaction reporting. Our global footprint spans 70 regulators across 50 jurisdictions, surveying more than 4,000 regulatory filings. We currently serve national, regional and global financial institutions with more than $39 trillion in total assets.
Founded in 1991, AxiomSL is headquartered in New York City with regional offices worldwide. We are the industry leader in providing enterprise- wide data and risk management solutions for our clients all around the world. We are continuously seeking great talent to help us continue to surface new ideas, deliver excellence in innovation and provide our clients with one of the most comprehensive data and risk management solution on the market.
- Client facing technical consultant participating on projects in UK and Europe implementing Regulatory Reporting solutions on the AxiomSL ControllerView platform
- The successful candidate will be expected to show certain degree of independence while working on assignments in major financial hub cities around Europe (UK + Continent) and participate in projects across a range of Tier 1 and Tier 2 banking and financial institutions
- Typical projects run for 3 to 6 months during which the candidate may be expected to spend their time primarily at the client city, with reasonable allowances for home travels
- The candidate is expected to have a technical or functional background, on which basis they will undergo an initial training of 2 weeks in London followed by on the job training to gain proficiency with the AxiomSL ControllerView data management and reporting platform
- She/He will also be expected to learn financial accounting and reporting concepts – those with pre-existing business acumen will be highly favoured but not necessarily required
- The chosen candidate must be confident at interacting with clients, eliciting requirements and providing the inputs needed to tailor implementations to business requirements
Personal features and capabilities:
- Agile, dynamic, proactive personality
- Ability to work in team and particularly with new people
- High sense of intellectual curiosity – self ownership of learning and horizon broadening opportunities
Bachelor Degree or equivalent from accredited university
- Strong written and verbal English in business and technical contexts
- 3+ years of software development or technical maintenance experience in a client-facing role (not script driven first tier support)
- Knowledge of at least one major Financial Reporting Regulation or other functional and operational aspects of reporting in the banking and financial sector
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycles – particularly Agile and Prototype approaches
- Proficient in the usage of database technologies - preferably Oracle and/or MSSQL. Focusing on query building, data transformation and report building logic
- Extra value will be attributed to familiarity with more technical concepts, e.g. DB Performance Tuning, utilisation of Indexes, Triggers, etc
- Strong analytical mind set and eagerness to understand and solve new problems
- Knowledge of Java, XML, XBRL
Working Hours and Remuneration:
40 hours / week
Overtime is expected as aligned with client or project lifecycle schedules.
Deadline for applications is 27 February 2019.