Senior Application Support Engineer
AxiomSL is a global leader in risk-data management and regulatory-reporting solutions. Leveraging its more than 25 years’ experience, AxiomSL combines its deep industry experience and intelligent data management platform to deliver solutions and services around regulatory and risk reporting, liquidity, capital and credit, operations, trade and transactions, and tax analytics. Its client base spans regional and global financial institutions with more than $43 trillion in total assets and investment managers with more than $9 trillion in assets under management. It covers more than 110 regulators across 55 jurisdictions.
AxiomSL’s collaborative platform is known for its robustness, adaptability, transparency and state-of-the-art data-lineage module. The platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and multiple locations without constraint. Its enterprise-wide approach enables clients to reduce implementation costs, accelerate time to market, deliver trusted information and defend audits.
AxiomSL’s cutting-edge platform, technical and regulatory expertise and outstanding service have been recognized by many industry leaders and observers, including the Waters Technology Rankings, RegTech Awards, American Financial Technology Awards, The Asian Banker Award and Chartis RiskTech100® rankings.
AxiomSL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- Senior Application Support role provides subject matter expertise to the Application (client-facing) support teams around the globe.
- It handles client requests that require enhanced knowledge of the application functionality, architecture and execution specifics in various system configurations.
- Senior Application Support will work with Axiom personnel and clients in gathering relevant information, and with Axiom development teams in producing solutions.
- The position requires flexibility of work hours. It will report to the global support management in US.
- Business trips to Europe are possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, but not limited to:
- Assist Application Support personnel with problem resolution and information queries;
- Interpret and explain user documentation to Application Support. Provide on-demand product information when a documentation is not available. Explain best ways to implement client-specific scenarios;
- Reproduce suspected bugs; document detailed issue scenarios, provide workarounds. If a permanent solution is required, provide the development team with comprehensive information related to the task. If the issue is not a bug, explain the product behavior to Application Support and/or client directly;
- Keep Application Support informed of future releases, patches and known issues. Constantly educate Application Support on new features and improve their level of expertise;
- Assist in maintaining the Knowledge Base of common problems, questions and recommendations. Work with Technical Writers on improving and extending the documentation;
- Help Application Support and the customers analyze application performance, detect problems and provide recommendations. Provide environment-specific infrastructure expertise to Application Support and clients to assist in performance improvements and issue resolution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Technical Support, System Administration, QA or Software Development;
- Knowledge of one or more of the major databases (Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc), ability to analyze and optimize SQL queries;
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems (advanced user level);
- Good written English skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, work within short time constraints;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to details, adherence to best practices as defined by the organization;
- Ability to solve problems both independently and with assistance of other staff;
- Flexibility to periodically work USA business hours;
- Ability to be on call off-hours per special arrangements with management.
- Familiarity with one or more of the scripting languages (e.g. shell, vbs, bat files, vba, perl, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of Java or any other OOP programming language(s) (ability to read code sources, understand logic, analyze and get useful information from sources, write simple modules);
- Knowledge of XML;
- Fluent spoken English.
- Competitive salary depending on the interview results, annual performance-based bonuses;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Medical insurance;
- English lessons with native speaker;
- Office in the city center.