Senior Application Support Engineer
- Senior Application Support role provides subject matter expertize to the Application (client-facing) support teams around the globe.
- It handles client requests that require enhanced knowledge of the application functionality, architecture and execution specifics in various system configurations.
- Senior Application Support will work with Axiom personnel and clients in gathering relevant information, and with Axiom development teams in producing solutions.
- The position requires flexibility of work hours. It will report to the global support management in US.
- Business trips to Europe are possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Application Support personnel with problem resolution and information queries;
- Interpret and explain user documentation to Application Support. Provide on-demand product information when a documentation is not available. Explain best ways to implement client-specific scenarios;
- Reproduce suspected bugs; document detailed issue scenarios, provide workarounds. If a permanent solution is required, provide the development team with comprehensive information related to the task. If the issue is not a bug, explain the product behavior to Application Support and/or client directly;
- Keep Application Support informed of future releases, patches and known issues. Constantly educate Application Support on new features and improve their level of expertise;
- Assist in maintaining the Knowledge Base of common problems, questions and recommendations. Work with Technical Writers on improving and extending the documentation;
- Help Application Support and the customers analyze application performance, detect problems and provide recommendations. Provide environment-specific infrastructure expertize to Application Support and clients to assist in performance improvements and issue resolution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Technical Support, System Administration, QA or Software Development;
- Knowledge of one or more of the major databases (Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc), ability to analyze and optimize SQL queries;
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems (advanced user level);
- Good written English skills;
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, work within short time constraints;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to details, adherence to best practices as defined by the organization;
- Ability to solve problems both independently and with assistance of other staff;
- Flexibility to periodically work USA business hours;
- Ability to be on call off-hours per special arrangements with management.
- Familiarity with one or more of the scripting languages (e.g. shell, vbs, bat files, vba, perl, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of Java or any other OOP programming language(s) (ability to read code sources, understand logic, analyze and get useful information from sources, write simple modules);
- Knowledge of XML;
- Fluent spoken English.
- Competitive salary depending on the interview results, annual performance-based bonuses;
- Flexible work schedule;
- Medical insurance;
- English lessons with native speaker;
- Office in the city centre.