Pre-Sales Consultant, Japan
AxiomSL is a global leader in risk-data management and regulatory-reporting solutions. Leveraging its more than 25 years’ experience, AxiomSL combines its deep industry experience and intelligent data management platform to deliver solutions and services around regulatory and risk reporting, liquidity, capital and credit, operations, trade and transactions, and tax analytics. Its client base spans regional and global financial institutions with more than $43 trillion in total assets and investment managers with more than $9 trillion in assets under management. It covers more than 110 regulators across 55 jurisdictions.
AxiomSL’s collaborative platform is known for its robustness, adaptability, transparency and state-of-the-art data-lineage module. The platform seamlessly integrates clients’ source data from disparate systems and multiple locations without constraint. Its enterprise-wide approach enables clients to reduce implementation costs, accelerate time to market, deliver trusted information and defend audits.
AxiomSL’s cutting-edge platform, technical and regulatory expertise and outstanding service have been recognized by many industry leaders and observers, including the Waters Technology Rankings, RegTech Awards, American Financial Technology Awards, The Asian Banker Award and Chartis RiskTech100® rankings.
AxiomSL is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, or military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
The Pre-Sales Consultant works in close partnership with the Client Relationship Executive who leads the business, contractual and commercial engagement with the customer and is critical in the handover of the engagement to the implementation/delivery team post signature, helping ensure continuity between specification and delivery.
This Pre-sales Consultant will also be the go-to person for all Trade & Transaction and Reporting presales and product related requests and queries, acting as the regional product lead and liaising with the global Product Manager in EMEA to ensure, any software issue are resolved and collate and share use cases with the Client Relationship team in order to promote usage across the client base.
The successful candidate will typically have 5+ years’ financial industry experience with a proven track record in supporting the sale of software solutions in complex and challenging environments.
This role is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Sales, Account Management, Product Management, as well as with third-party partners. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritize quickly.
RESPONSIBILITIES including the following, but not limited to:
- Requirements clarification, specification and documentation
- Solution technical design
- Technical customer presentations
- Proof of Concept delivery including development/integration work
- Product/Solution demonstrations • Coordination with developers/third parties
- Respond quickly to customer needs, working with urgency to propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value
- Coordinating RFP and RFI responses
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product teams escalating issues quickly
- Managing change control strictly, avoiding scope creep and mismatched expectation
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven domain expertise in a pre-sales function - Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, clarifying detailed requirements, documenting project scope and presenting to customers
- Strong technical background in financial solutions with experience in design and/or development
- Strong financial markets knowledge with solid understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- Experience engaging and coordinating with business, technical and operations stakeholders
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas • Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a pre-sales plan and manage stakeholder expectations
- 5+years of industry experience • Fluent English