Pre-Sales Consultant, Japan
AxiomSL is a dynamic, fast-growing software company whose list of clients includes major global financial institutions and corporations. We offer a complete line of software tools in the risk management, compliance and financial control areas.
Our technology combines object-oriented programming, relational database technology, graphical user interfaces and sophisticated financial models. Axiom Software Laboratories is headquartered in New York with regional offices across the world. Our clients include most of the Tier 1 international financial institutions.
The Pre-Sales function provides deep domain knowledge and solution design expertise throughout the sales cycle by supporting customer engagements via activities such as gathering requirements, solution design, developing proof of concepts, demonstrating solution capabilities and specifying deliverables.
The Pre-Sales Consultant works in close partnership with the Client Relationship Executive who leads the business, contractual and commercial engagement with the customer and is critical in the handover of the engagement to the implementation/delivery team post signature, helping ensure continuity between specification and delivery.
This Pre-sales Consultant will also be the go-to person for all Trade & Transaction and Reporting presales and product related requests and queries, acting as the regional product lead and liaising with the global Product Manager in EMEA to ensure, any software issue are resolved and collate and share use cases with the Client Relationship team in order to promote usage across the client base.
The successful candidate will typically have 5+ years’ financial industry experience with a proven track record in supporting the sale of software solutions in complex and challenging environments.
This role is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Sales, Account Management, Product Management, as well as with third-party partners. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritize quickly.
- Requirements clarification, specification and documentation
- Solution technical design
- Technical customer presentations
- Proof of Concept delivery including development/integration work
- Product/Solution demonstrations • Coordination with developers/third parties
- Respond quickly to customer needs, working with urgency to propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value
- Coordinating RFP and RFI responses
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product teams escalating issues quickly
- Managing change control strictly, avoiding scope creep and mismatched expectation
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven domain expertise in a pre-sales function - Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, clarifying detailed requirements, documenting project scope and presenting to customers
- Strong technical background in financial solutions with experience in design and/or development
- Strong financial markets knowledge with solid understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- Experience engaging and coordinating with business, technical and operations stakeholders
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas • Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a pre-sales plan and manage stakeholder expectations
- 5+years of industry experience • Fluent English