Tier 1 Support Engineer
AxiomSL is a dynamic, fast-growing software company whose list of clients includes major global financial institutions and corporations. We offer a complete line of software tools in the risk management, compliance and financial control areas.
Our technology combines object-oriented programming, relational database technology, graphical user interfaces and sophisticated financial models. Axiom Software Laboratories is headquartered in New York with regional offices across the world. Our clients include most of the Tier 1 international financial institutions.
Axiom Global Support team provides multi-tiered post-implementation application support services for the Axiom SL clients around the globe. The vacancy is for a staff-level position on a APAC-based Client support team. The position will report into the Global Support management organization and requires a motivated individual capable of managing various client issues, escalate appropriately and adhere to production support standards. Should have the ability to interface with other support teams, technical support, development teams, and business clients to manage expectation. Need to cover weekend support activities in team rotation.
The position responsibilities include:
- Providing Tier 1-level application support services for clients located in the APAC: receipt and acknowledgment of client issues,
- Local support process management and client relationship management.. As a client-facing role it requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In the absence of the call center layer, Application Support Engineer provides initial troubleshooting and subject matter advice for application and infrastructure issues via dedicated communication means. Most of the communications with clients are handled in written form. However, audio- and screen-sharing sessions with clients will happen quite frequently, though these activities are usually scheduled in advance and take 25% of working time or less. Some incoming issues may require onsite visits – which are taking less than 10% of working time.
- Proper acknowledgement of customer issues in accordance with SLA, providing initial response and diagnosis of issues, timely assessment of the need for escalation;
- Deep and thorough research of product functionality using product documentation, company-owned knowledge base and product sandboxes (test environments)
- Explaining product functionality to customers, providing relevant documentation;
- Diligent documenting of all steps of interaction with customer and proper communication of the issue status to clients and senior AxiomSL staff.
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must;
- Unwavering adherence to formal processes, minute attention to details;
- Experience of MS Windows and\or Linux administration (command line level)
- If you are familiar with any of these technologies\languages\areas that would be a great plus:
TCP\IP, SQL, Java, XML, Apache Tomcat, Amazon Cloud, scripting languages
- At least two years of experience in System Administration and\or Application\Network\Service Support
- Ability to quickly search, learn and explain technical information;
- Ability to provide customer-oriented service and to take ownership of client issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of AxiomSL ControllerView platform;